Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I just realized... I am searching for content. I want content in my works, and am unsure of what to include. I feel that right now, the work is about process. I am hoping that content will emerge. 

con⋅tent

1[kon-tent]  Show IPA

–noun
1.Usually, contents.
a.something that is contained: the contents of a box.
b.the subjects or topics covered in a book or document.
c.the chapters or other formal divisions of a book or document: a table of contents.
2.something that is to be expressed through some medium, as speech, writing, or any of various arts:a poetic form adequate to a poetic content.
3.significance or profundity; meaning: a clever play that lacks content.
4.substantive information or creative material viewed in contrast to its actual or potential manner of presentation: publishers, record companies, and other content providers; a flashy Web site, but without much content.
5.that which may be perceived in something: the latent versus the manifest content of a dream.
6.Philosophy, Logicthe sum of the attributes or notions comprised in a given conception; the substance or matter of cognition.
7.power of containing; holding capacity: The bowl's content is three quarts.
8.volume, area, or extent; size.
9.the amount contained.
10.Linguisticsthe system of meanings or semantic values specific to a language (opposed to expression ).
11.
a.Mathematicsthe greatest common divisor of all the coefficients of a given polynomial. Compareprimitive polynomial.
b.any abstraction of the concept of length, area, or volume.


Does it make a difference in an artists work, if they have a studio they work in? I remember in College, when I had my own space to work in, and it was fabulous. I worked in a frenzy, and in constant struggle to fill the walls of my studio with drawings. The space needs to be empty, with no inspirational images, just my work and me. I cannot work at home, home is draining me of myself.  I need a place that is void of any distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment